Lidl LED torch.

Happened to buy one as I needed an extra to leave in the 'new' car. Old car had a re-chargeable one built in. ;-)

It's a chunky all ally type with a 10w Cree LED. So (claims) 600 lumens on

100%, or 200 on the eco setting. Has a flashing mode too. Was on offer last Sunday, but my local branch still had plenty today.

At 13 quid, just the sort of thing you'd need for a breakdown or whatever in an unlit place. Battery life (3 x C cells) is 3 hours on 100%.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ah - thanks for the info. But I always do keep Lidl receipts for this sort of thing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the heads up - just bought one.

I like everything but the flashing mode - this is more like frantic disco lighting designed to trigger an epileptic fit that a steady flash for economic signalling over a distance.

No idea what the flashing mode is designed for.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

Just received this 4500 Lumen behemoth.

Display shows time remaining.

Simon Mason

So not at the bright end of the scale like the Olight Marauder X7vn which apparently emits around 14500 lumens.

Reply to
polygonum

Cheers - just bought one.

Simon Mason

That's not the same model.

Reply to
polygonum

Notice there is no mention of battery life at 4500 lumen output. The figure is probably so small it would get lost on the page. And 12 hours recharge time?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In my photo the time remaining is shown as 2:59 at 4500 Lm.

If you are 5h from home you can halve the output.

Reply to
Simon Mason

Of course any cyclist that was using that on a road would probably endanger other people as they dazzle drivers and other road users. Some of the idiots even put them on their helmets to ensure that they cause maximum danger when they turn their heads to look behind them and then blame the passing driver for nearly hitting them.

The photograph showing the brightness looks quite poor for what is supposedly such a high output. Car head lights would have a much longer illuminated path and are not as bright according to the figures. Of course one is designed to do the job and the other is just cobbled together in a chinese factory.

Reply to
dennis

Not Chinese at all.

Ultimate Sports Engineering Ltd Unit 4 Bury Mill Farm Bury Gate Nr Pulborough West Sussex RH20 1NN

Simon Mason

Made in the UK, eh? Excepting the battery, the LEDs and all the electronics.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And the aluminium, maybe they make the labels?

Reply to
dennis

True. Made in the UK is probably only on the box.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If that is 9000 Lm I am a Chinaman.

My Exposure Six Pack is much brighter.