Lidl jigsaw next Thurs, any good?

Believe me Matt it can do lots of damage in your hands.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Could be, but watch out for the EN standard to which they are made and whether or not there is some protection in the sole.

Remember you can injure yourself by standing on a nail in a piece of wood just as easily as dropping something on it - actually inwhat you do, more likely the former.

I had real trouble finding some in the size I need and eventually found some DW ones quite inexpensively at Lawson HIS (I think it was). They are pretty comfortable and I have to be a little careful about footwear.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Ever thought of wearing gloves when doing that kind of thing.?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, do you have big plate of meat.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What are "quality" blades?

Superb quality? Good quality? Medium quality? Indifferent quality? Low quality? Bad quality?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Two.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Must be Superb quality, as it takes Bosch type blades.

Reply to
Kaiser

Best quality?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

A friend bought one to cut out a worktop for sink/drainer, it worked better than my Bosch.

Reply to
Kaiser

I don't know, I thought it one of his more coherent postings.

Reply to
John Rumm

Can you buy blunt blades? I suppose you must be able to given the number of these cheap jigsaws that wander...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I also had a cheapie for many years which did sterling service. Only when replacing it with a decent one did I realise just how inaccurate it was.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You can tell that by looking at it? Say no more. The uk.d-i-y 'expert' has spoken.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You'll likely get the usual speculation from those who haven't got one so I'll add to that...

Lidl tools are always good *value* - better than the sheds.

If you don't own a jigsaw it is likely to satisfy - any jigsaw is useful for rough work.

It's also unlikely to be as good as a decent make - the accuracy of a jigsaw when cutting thick materials, ie the cut staying at right angles - seems very much to depend on price. But that price is likely to be many times more for a good one.

One thing that delights with my expensive one over my cheap one is that you can change the blades quickly with no tools needed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It has the same type of quick change system system as Bosch for blade replacement and uses Bosch blades as well.

Reply to
Kaiser

Perhaps not blunt out of the packet but there sure are cheaply made blades that blunt very quickly.

Reply to
:Jerry:

That I can believe. It is VERY well made and very solid.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off as you are a worthless idiot troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please eff off.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, I have to say I wouldn't use it on anything 'edge critical'.

Reply to
Rob