Lidl Infra Red thermometer

Lidl Infra Red thermometer £19.99 from Thurs 24th Jan.

prompt for postcode before forwarding to page but you can, "continue without postcode".

No mention of a laser pointer but I've not seen one of these without and on the photo it looks like there's a laser warning symbol on the side of the body.

This is probably about as cheap as one can be obtained.

Reply to
fred

About three times the cost of the ebay cheapie I got! And that seems sensitive, consistent, has long battery life (CR2032 IIRC), and entirely believable temperatures. Much smaller/neater as well. Sure - no laser. And no fancy "temperature difference" facility - just press a button and temperature displays.

Reply to
polygonum

Bought a similar one from Maplin for that price many years ago. And similar ones are on Ebay for much less.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

What would one use it for though?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I've used mine today for checking a couple of radiator temperatures, checking the freezer temperature and checking how cold the ground is outside ( minus 4.6 at the top of the snow layer, minus 2.6 where the snow's disappeared, if you're interested).

At work I use it to check the interior temperatures of the coach by checking the temperatures of the seats, which heaters aren't working fully, and checking the brake balance on the wheels.

I also use it for checking that stuff coming out of the microwave is hot enough.

I also used to use it to check the bath temperature in the last place I lived, as the hot water there was *hot* enough to scald if you weren't careful.

Reply to
John Williamson

Perhaps one of the most common DIY uses is balancing radiators.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'd not be inclined to trust it for that.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Once you get one you will find all sorts of reasons to use it, I have done all of the above apart from the coach but do use it at work for checking heater plates plus you can check the wife's temperature to see if she is hot tonight, unfortunately mine started to malfunction when I tried that!

Reply to
Corporal Jones

Mine makes an excellant cat toy... from Maplin =A325 about 3 years ago.

BTW top posting gives you crabs ;-) Doh !

Reply to
whisky-dave

You should get a better quality wife ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've just taken my Maplin one out of the toolchest and discovered that the grey rubberised coating on the handle has gone soft and sticky.

What is the best solvent to use to strip the rubber coating off?

Reply to
djc

Around £11 incl postage from a UK seller on Ebay.

Reply to
alan

So you can avoid ovulation?

Which started to malfunction the IR thermometer or the wife?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Brian is blind; he finds it easier to top-post; very many Usenet users know that; most make allowances; I hope you are now a member of both groups.

Reply to
Robin

Mmmm think it might have been the wife

Reply to
Corporal Jones

And not snipping should lead to castration.

Reply to
A.Lee

If there is no laser pointer how can you keep the cats amused:-)?

I thought my cat was on it's last legs a week or two ago but it managed to attack the screen saver on the monitor last night so I know it is not that ill.

Reply to
ARW

I've been using my pocket ebay cheapy regularly for the past two years, especially in the winter, for checking wall, radiator, room, battery, charger, appliance, outside mean, ground, sky, etc, temperatures. An hour ago, for example, sky temp was showing as -24C, ground 1.5C, mean surround -1.5C. Chilly tonight, will drop to -4C.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Kneed you in the nuts?

Reply to