Lidl Cordless Grass & Hedge Trimmer

Next week (05.03.09), Lidl are offering a "Cordless Grass & Hedge Trimmer" for 24.95. As usual the description is a bit, umm, brief.

As many of their products have been available in the past, I was wondering if anyone here can fill in the gaps - or even give some feedback on the product.

How heavy is it?

Is it a NiCd battery?

Are replacement blades available? (It only claims that it has a "Quick blade change mechanism" - not that you can get them at a sensible price.)

They claim a "Wide range of accessories". Any idea of what they might be?

Reply to
Rod

No help in this case, but if you haven't come across this site before, the manuals for Lidl's electrical goods can generally be found here:

mike

No - I hadn't. (In general I have not found it convenient to get to Lidl, so only rarely was interested, but I shall be working fairly close to one as of next week... :-) )

Thank you.

Reply to
Rod

I gave it a try out...and looked for my DVD player: Silvercrest DVD player KH 6506. It was not listed. There were KH 6504 and KH 6507 and others but not the KH 6506.

But I'm not surprised because support sites often seem to list every model except the one I'm looking for. Why does it work out that way? How do they know to omit the things I was daft enough to buy?

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

IMHO I would not bother with battery, a hedge trimmer needs decent power, go mains power (or petrol)

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Not interested in the hedge trimmer aspect - only the grass/edge trimming.

Must be battery, partner wants to be able to use it and that is what she thinks she might manage. Petrol is right out.

For me, I would go for mains.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rod