Lidl cordless circular saw.

Last year, Lidl did a cordless hammer drill and jigsaw which shared the same battery. You could also order up extra batteries. They seem to have the same ones on offer this Thursday - but have added a circular saw. So wondering if it uses the same battery?

The drill and jigsaw ain't got the biggest of batteries so probably no good for a pro - but for my sort of fairly frequent small jobs are fine, and of course quite light too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I've got the 18V hammer drill. It *looks* to be the same battery for that, the jigsaw and the circular saw:

Rechargeable battery for: Cordless jigsaw (model: PSTDA 18-Li A1 & PSTDA

18-Li B2) Cordless circular saw (model: PHKSA 18-Li A1 & PHKSA 18-Li B2) Cordless hammer drill (model: PSBSA 18-Li A1 & PSBSA 18-Li B2)

from

Accessory Shop.

My cheap circular saw is on a par with the angle grinder for most feared tool - so I've been thinking about one of these for a while.

Reply to
RJH

In the saw details on the Lidl website it says "60 minute fast charge battery, compatible with all tools in the Parkside 18V power tool series".

So I assume that the answer is YES.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ah. Must read things more carefully. In which case I'll get one.

Incidentally, both the drill and the jigsaw seem to have some form of thermal trip or whatever. They will stop working for a few seconds with heavy use, then reset. Not really a problem in practice with most things - but wonder if it will be with a circular saw?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The current Lidl 'Full Power' advert shows that the Hammer Drill comes with a charger for the battery - but there is not similar cutaway photo for the Jigsaw and Circular Saw. Do these both each come with a charger?

(It would be strange if not, but it's also odd to only have the charger shown in one picture of the three)

Thanks Jon N

Reply to
jkn

Yes, I would hope so. A rechargeable tool would be pretty useless without a charger!

Reply to
RJH

Spare batteries are available at ?15.95

However that doesn't include postage costs. And being batteries there may be special conditions attached to their being sent by post. Maybe they'll have to be sent along with the next bulk shipment to Lidl UK for posting on which may cause delays (guess)

michael adams

michael adams

I already bought a couple of spares for the jigsaw/drill. Hence my hoping the circular saw used the same one.

They did an impact driver last year that had the same spec battery which looks very similar but isn't identical so isn't interchangeable. Different maker, I'd guess.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Having finally dug out my hammer drill and confirmed that the batteries are compatible, I've just gone and bought one.

Looks a nice bit of kit - test will be trying to cut something.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David