Lidl Compressor

Christ on a bike but you're thick. That compressor operates all the tools, if I were to buy one, that would do everything. The other two are in a different place 1,300 miles away from the other.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Recipe for a Jerry:

Take a moron Remove top of skull Insert stick blender Blend, blend, blend

Done.

After a few days notice the smell and the presence of flies. Posting to Usenet continues unabated.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Well, the three that I use do

With such a low population density, it doesn't worry me unduly

Interesting slant on Gaza , that

looking at Wikipedia, it starts off by saying

"The economy of the Gaza Strip is severely limited by high population density"

a bit different to a few crofters and their cow Morag

You want to be set adrift ?

Reply to
geoff

Perhaps you should have started off by using a somewhat more reliable information source than Wikipedia. I've mentioned I run a caravan site and Googling on

Gaza "Caravan Site"

returns it as top hit.

Crofters? Cows? Get real! Have a look on Streetview and tell me how many crofts -- or cows -- you can find in Gaza of the Scottish variety.

No, I want them to be truthful and accurate. I don't see why they should be required to be accurate in the representation of their goods but not the representation of their services.

John

Reply to
John MacLeod

On a related note, what kind of compressor would be useful for the times when you want some air to blow away dirt, but can't do it yourself because you can't focus your puff enough or don't want to spray saliva all over the workpiece? Would a cheap tyre compressor do, or are those strictly for tyre inflating?

Thanks Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

If its any consolation John, I too thought your comment about "being deemed to live in Gaza" was a flippant one along the lines of "anyone would think I live in outer mongolia" etc. I id not realise there was actually a place in Scotland called Gaza...

Reply to
John Rumm

You need at least a tank to hold pressure.

Probably the cheap airbrush type is a minimum, or use a can of compressed something or other.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It depends on how much dirt/dust there is, but a bicycle pump is very adequate for such things as cleaning computer internals, and should easily match your personal puff.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

For small jobs like blowing the dust out of a computer I use one of these:

by cheap tyre compressor you mean the small 12v jobbies that work from a car's cigar lighter socket, they wouldn't be very much use because they can produce a high pressure but very little flow - whereas you need a lot of flow but not much pressure for blowing dirt away.

The optional Air Tool Set (£9.99) on offer at Lidl alongside the compressor has a tyre inflator gun and also a separate gun with various different nozzles - so you should be able to choose the most appropriate nozzle for each 'blow out' job.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Low volume, high pressure. You can hardly feel the draft froma tyre inflator...

It's called a tyre. Still not convinced I need a compressor but a work around for blowing needs would be a bit of tube with a trigger nozzle one end and tyre connector the other. I have a heavy duty tyre inflator to fill the tyre.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You can get aerosol air-duster cans for small / occasional use. However almost any compressor with a receiver will do. Things like the dedicated tyre inflaters from car accessory places will not hack it because they have a pitiful free air delivery - even if they can muster plenty of pressure (given enough time!)

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, I do have a son who speaks, reads and writes fluent Mandarin and lived for a couple of years on the borders of Inner Mongolia :-)

Oh dear! Allegedly so-called either because it's a sandy place or alternatively because of a reluctance of the denizens to attend church. However the postcode people attach a great importance to the existence of Gaza (Scottish style). No matter how many times I remove it from my postal address, every time a company runs their addresses through a postcoding program it gets put back in -- to the great confusion of delivery drivers and others.

Reply to
John MacLeod

You should be careful about using a "garage" compressor for cleaning the internals of computers. Unless you have suitable processing, what you think of as pure compressed air is potentially a mist of oil, water vapour and dust. Do you really want to be spraying this over your silicon chips?

If you're planning to clean a lot of computers, you might consider a compressor which is designed for an air brush, e.g.:

the "oil free, water trap and air filter" bit.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

: : Christ on a bike but you're thick.

Firth talking about himself again...

Reply to
Jerry

: : Take a moron : Remove top of skull : Insert stick blender : Blend, blend, blend :

Not everyone is like you Mr Firth...

Reply to
Jerry