Lidl battery charger question

I have an Ultimate Speed branded charger from Lidl.

When I attached it to a battery (yesterday) and set the mode the charging light was green. Some hours later it was red, and overnight it's still red.

I can't find any distinction in the instructions between red and green, has anyone else got one of these chargers and know what this means?

I ask as if the battery is duff I need to do something about it today.

Reply to
R D S

R D S pretended :

Red means it is charging, green means it is fully charged. Odd that it should go green, then revert back to charging with red. Maybe watch and wait until/if it goes green - but that might depend upon the state of charge and capacity of the battery.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

If he means it was green when it was not on the battery that would be correct as no current is flowing. However if its not a very fast charger it could still be charging but if its a duff battery, ie a cell shorted or something like that it might just carry on cooking the remaining cells till its dry. Is it gurgling?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Brian Gaff laid this down on his screen :

No, it is not that sort of charger. It does nothing until it sees a correctly connected battery at its terminals, then you have to press a button to start the charging process. Red whilst charging, then green when charged.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I don't like these kind of two-state indicators. I much prefer the old style analogue moving coil meter which gave a far better continuous idea of what was going on at any given time.

Reply to
orion.osiris