Lidl again!

Hi

Don't want to give the impression that I live in Lidl - but!

Some nice metal trestles, very sturdy £2:99 each.

Those pole thingys that hold up plasterboard while you fix it to ceilings, ratchet operated @ £3:99

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

They are last weeks offers.

This weeks has wood screws at 99p a box. I picked up 650 30mm x 4mm and 250 50mm x 6mm.

Reply to
dennis

Those would be useful for other things, but I bet the maximum lenght is for modern rabbit hutches at 8' rather than proper 10'+ ones...

Pity it's Lidl have to go into central Carlisle for that one. However =A329.99 gets you a 8" tablesaw in Aldi... with 3 yr warranty.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Heh! a piece of rope for £1.50 does the job better...How I hear you say

Get the rope nail or screw it to the joist the width of the plaster board, slide the plaster board onto the rope, nail the other end of the plasterboard to the joist then nail the rope end to joist, take rope down and start another.

Reply to
ben

Dennis wrote

I bought both yesterday (Monday)!

Dave

Reply to
David Lang

And for the the last sheet?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On the edges of the plasterboard next to the last sheet. :-P

Reply to
ben

They really do seem to have some very strange offers considering their usual customer base. Even I don't have a use for digital calipers. But I did buy this week's special of a set of Forstner bits: I've no use for them either ATM but I should get my £2.99 worth in due course.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Everybody needs a set of Forstner bits, Tony. They'll come in useful for something. You need the digital calipers to measure the depth of the holes.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Tony Bryer writes

I'm sorry to have missed the very-nears, hopefully someone here will mention when they come in again. The plumbers' tool kit got me though, it was a full set of tools and dies for threading steel pipe, unsurprisingly they had quite a few left.

Reply to
fred

They were selling a set of rachet dies and wheel cutters for iron pipes. Great valve at £17. But I always wondered who would but them. Then I saw some men in overalls a set. Good deals always catch on.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

People keep mentioning Lidl deals but I don't think we've got one near us. Is the stuff usually good quality or is it the usual crap Chinese import? - in other words, is it worth doing a Lid'l tracking?

Another Dave

Reply to
Dave

Quality is middle of the road. I bought some mixer taps and a shower mixers last week. The shower mixer was £15, a similar one, that look not quaite as good, in Homebase was £100. They were super cheap, yet the quality was very good. They were so cheap I bought the odd extra one in case backup was needed. On opening the instructions there is support, and parts and a UK number is given. BTW, a "5" years guarantee, which usually means you get the small amount of money back you paid for the items.

Aldi, I find tends to be cheapish on these sort of deals, yet some of their stuff is good quality. It is a case of looking and deciding. The good deals are usually sold out within an hour of the 9.00 a.m. opening.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

- "Store finder" at bottom.

It depends. Some of it's Chinese & OK - some isn't. Some is German & OK - some isn't. Worth a look in Aldi, too, who are at:

The wine's worth a look at Aldi, too. It's just a matter of looking around to see what there is. If I go to these shops, I usually buy a fair amount of stuff for interest's sake - haven't come across anything dire yet....

Reply to
Chris Bacon

The price was right even if they only last a few cuts for each size. My Rothenberger set was about fifteen times as much (although it will last forever).

Reply to
John

They have some brand which won awards on the web site. Go for those. In Aldi, price mean better quality in wine. They do sell some cheap crap there. The best for wine in price/quality is Morrisons. £5 will get you a decent bottle, and then they always have deals too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The calipers are very handy! Even if for only 'ordinary' measuring, as it's much easier to read than a tape measure.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

You have no taste in wine in that case.

Reply to
Andy Hall

In my experience Lidl is pretty good with computers and related stuff. I've bought two Targa desktops from them, and thought they were quite a lot better than the Dell equivalents. Also I've found their help-line very good. I had a problem with a wireless mouse on one machine, and rang to ask if I could buy a replacement, and they sent me a new mouse, keyboard and wireless receiver free of charge. And I'd even admitted my grand-daughter had probably damaged the mouse.

I haven't found Aldi computing stuff quite as good.

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Oh not another wine snob. How very tedious.

Reply to
Stuart Noble