lid phone camera lens thingy

Lidl have this coming up:-

SILVERCREST Smartphone Camera Lens Set £9.99* Per Set Provides up to 8x optical zoom delivering crystal clear images from great d istances Set contains a protective phone case which lens is then secured to and incl udes a telescopic tripod, height-adjustable from (cm): 8.5 - 15 Choose from sets for Samsung Galaxy S3, S3 Mini, S4, S4 Mimi, iPhone 4/4s o r iPhone 5/5s. Other models not supported"

Anyone have one or similar idea thingy?

Why is it only applicable to those phone models listed?

I was hoping to use it on a webcam?

TIA

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Glad you asked, I also wondered why only those models.

Reply to
Capitol

I would have thought, mainly, because the supplied case ensures the lens is mounted correctly over, and the precise distance from, the existing camera lens.

Reply to
Graham.