Li-on Charger

I have a single cell charger for a 3.7 volt torch battery. It has an LED that is currently flashing red. Any idea what this might mean. Is it charging or a fault? I have seen it go green in the past.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

It usually means you need to find the manual that comes with the product that you put away in a safe place. I know because it's the sort of thing I do. Then I use the interwebby in the hope that there's a PDF of it somewhere floating about.

Reply to
whisky-dave

whisky-dave wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Would do - but a no-name e-bay buy. No response from the supplier.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Was a battery being charged?

Mine does flashing red for failed or dead battery. Red/green alternately for precharge discharging. Red solid for charging. Green when charged.

Measure the terminal voltage of the battery to see if it is within reasonable bounds. Lithium cells tend to fail badly when they go.

Reply to
Martin Brown

FWIW, on my smart NimH battery charger flashing red is 'error' (flashing red/green is refresh, solid red is charging, solid green is charged). When that happens, the battery can usually be coaxed back to life with a 'dumb' charger.

Reply to
RJH

Are you saying there is no label or type-marking to be seen?

Reply to
Dave W

Dave W wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Thanks for the kick! I have found a twin cell version:

DerbyBorn