Lever Tap movement is not smooth now

I have a lever tap which had a very smooth operation but now is sticky There is a cap on top of the tap and I assume that will give me access to the ball joint so that I can clean any debris there but I don't know how to remove the top without affecting the chrome finish Any suggestions please Blair

Reply to
bm

In message , bm writes

Our monobloc mixer is secured with a tiny Allen screw. Similar stiff operation was relieved using plumbers grease.

Take care to note where bits go as there are lots of permutations:-)

Camera?

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Many thanks for your help I don't see a grub screw on my tap. Would the application of plumbers grease applied to the exposed ball be sufficient? Did you mean I should supply a photo of the tap. If so I always found that I could not add a photo when using these sites Regards Blair

Reply to
bm

In message , bm writes

No. I meant photograph the internals as you disassemble if you get that far.

It sounds as though we are discussing different taps.

You can stick a photo on tinypic.com or photobucket etc. and post a link here. That will enable our professionals to jump in:-)

I don't see how suitable grease on the exposed ball could hurt. My problem was limescale and crud on sliding internal parts.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

If you ever need to post an image to a Newsgroup, upload it to flickr or the photo sharing site of your choice, and include its URL in your post.

It's also customary to place your reply beneath any quoted text.

Reply to
Graham.

Many thanks for your reply I have no Allen screws Would it be sufficient to add plumbers grease to the exposed ball? Are you suggesting that I send a photo of the tap. I have always found that it is not possible to add a photo to a reply. I would need your email address in order to send a photo regards, Blair

Reply to
bm