levelling a concrete floor

about to pour a concrete floor this week I've done 2 small (1.2m * 3m & 1.2m * 1m) floors so far but this is a bigger job and I don't think it will be that easy to get level the room is 2.6m * 4.5m with 2 small alcoves I'll be getting a minimix so there won't be time to pour and level... this one is too big to mix on my own

does anyone have any tips ?

BTW, this is finished floor so has to be relatively flat, I won't be laying a screed on top

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

No. I'd have mixed and poured it myself in 4 sections and then use leveling compound on top.

But good luck.

Reply to
Mike

Lasy a grid pf perfectly levveled battens so you can do it in sections, an use a fairly dry mix.

Aeasc section is done, remve battens and use its edge to level next section.

The old 'draw a piece of wood across the top' will get it roughly right, then its down to rubbing it smooth.

At least you have time, with concrete.

It may well crack between sections. Don't wory,. Fill with PVA or grout or anything sticky once its all set and finally dried.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher