Legionella control duties for landlords?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I don't know either. Wikipedia doesn't say anything useful on that.

Reply to
john james

Our Council's H&S department banned the use of our theatre's shower unless we guaranteed to run it twice a week.. Just because there are big drops doesn;t menathere can't be small ones as well.

It's a form that doesn't respond to most anitbiotics. Luckily for me, there is one which works. Mind you, having a body temperature of 104° for a couple of days doesn't do a lot for ones long term health, nor does the damage to ones lungs.

Reply to
charles

For the purpose of confirmation of a case, the HPA requires one of the following:

- The gold standard: isolation and culture of legionella species from clinical specimens, usually sputum. Cases of Pontiac fever are almost universally culture negative.

- Seroconversion, meaning at least a four-fold increase in titre of indirect immunofluorescent antibody test (IFAT) incorporating a monovalent L. pneumophila serogroup 1 antigen by a validated technique.

- Confirmation of L. pneumophila urinary antigen using validated reagents or kits. Culture of sputum and serology have been the standard tests for many years but the development of urine testing gives faster results, improves the rate of correct diagnosis and because the result is swifter, it allows earlier correct treatment resulting in a lower mortality.[4]

Reply to
Huge

Well I know a few landlords who have just one or two properties and they just laughed when shown this message. Sounds like the agent is after some extra dosh to me. I bet he knows just the bloke to do the job, probably his Son or father in law. Cynic mode off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff