Left handed circular saw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why is it that B+Q are selling a left handed circular saw i.e.: as you hold it in your right hand and cut to the left the blade is nearest you then the motor not the other way round like all the old ones I have seen ??? Does this mean that is only for left handed people and do you need left hand saw blades ha ha ha!!!!! is there any plus points for this or did someone read the plans wrong when they designed it? Rich
-- To reply remove " spam "
On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:39:03 -0000, "Rich"

it's likely a copy of the original DeWalt cordless.
It suits right handed people more than left handed as the cut line is on the side of the saw closer to you if you are right handed.
Only trouble might be that most people leave the off-cut to the right of the saw ?
Paul Mc Cann
Paul Mc Cann wrote:

I don't. I use whichever side is most convenient, and cut looking down on top.