Left handed Chainsaw

Ah, scissors. Yes, you can get lef-thanded scissors, and left-handers can use right handed scissors in their left-hands - if we're not putting too much pressure on them (the blades will spring apart) and they're nice and shapr, however...

Try this, if you're right handed:

Take a piece of paper. Draw a mildly wavy line over it from one side to the other.

Take a pair of good, sharp right-handed scissors in your left-hand.

Cut the paper in two, following the line.

You'll find there's a blade in the way of you seeing the line to make an accurate cut.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Yes, I admit I wasn't thinking through all the issues - thanks.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Leverton

Can't do that with the trackball I prefer - but then it doesn't strain your wrist in the first place.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Thanks for the replies which I have passed on.

My son works with someone who grew up in a logging environment in Scandinavia, so he has someone else to talk to about this.

I think what happened was that he just started using the saw with arms crossed without thinking, which is why he found it difficult to adapt to the proper right handed way.

He seems to have finished for the time being with the chainsaw and is now working away with the Maul and the triangular log splitter. It works very well, but 25quid for a simple lump of metal seems a lot of money to me.

Reply to
Bill

Since I have never found a pair of scissors that adequately cut paper in a dead straight line, I always uses a steel rule and a fresh blade in the Swann Morton.

Having no access to a guillotine these days..:-(

Has any one esse put a phone book in an industrial strength metal guillotine?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The sort I used to use wouldn't open far enough.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Are there any left handed tools? I realise 90% of people are right-handed but if 10% of the global population are left handed, isn't that big enough to make a market?

Circular saws and cheap wall chasers have the motor stick out on the left. Are they a nuisance for lethalness?

What about our favourite, the angle grinder? Whilst the motor doesn't stick out and you can attach the handle on either side, would that mean that in one hand the disc is spinning away from you but in the other it was spinning towards you?

Thanks, Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

Quite so. Just think of the fortune there is to be made in selling left handed screwdrivers, chisels, hammers, pencils, spades, forks, teaspoons, and mugs.

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

doesn't

One in seven I believe, not one in ten

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Sorry, my spell checker didn't like "lefthanders" so changed it to "lethalness"!

Reply to
Stephen

Ah, a predictive spell-checker!

Reply to
PeterC

I know this group hasnt seen a post in awhile but there is a left handed chainsaw made by stihl its a 261 model =)

Reply to
quadbeatproductions

What do you mean, not seen a post for a while? Where you bin? Lots of posts here.

Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

Spammer prat from google groups who can't even quote part of the orginal message from Feb 2011...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I don't see why you call him a spammer.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Maybe he meant "spanner"? ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

IS THAT A LEFT-HANDED SPANNER ??

BAZ

Reply to
Baz

replying to Bill, Steve Gregory wrote: It would have helped if somepne, anyone, would have answered the question asked.

Reply to
Steve Gregory

It would help if you could be bothered to quote the question.

This might assist you with posting to a newsgroup, albeit through a website:

- If you are sending a reply to a message or a posting be sure you summarize the original at the top of the message, or include just enough text of the original to give a context.

Reply to
Fredxxx

It would help if you used a proper usenet system and could see.. That you cannot attach files to anon binary group so we never see the original post, and make sure if its a continuation of a thread, that the question is not years old as others using the Home owners mess of an interface faill to do, probably because the interface with Usenet is so putrid! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff