LED Strip Lights in kitchen

Has anyone used these

under cabinet lighting in a kitchen?

They're described as

White LED Strip Light Kit for sign and cabinet lighting.

but no indication is given of light output.

At 67 quid I'm not going to buy one on spec to see if they're any good.

Are there any similar products elsewhere?

Cheers, Andrew

Reply to
andrew

Hi

Google for 'Mr Resistor' - they do lots of similar stuff.

It's risk free trying the Screwfix stuff though as you could always send it back after evaluating it?

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

What would you spend £67 on?

A night out?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Half a tank of diesel in the car here.

OK, slight over-statement. A full tank is only £110.

Reply to
Ron Lowe

Ikea have (dunno if they still do).... actually

identical to the ones I fitted as in them days you had a choice of white or blue or green. I obviously used the white ones.

You can connect the strips end to end so only need power at one end providing you don't go beyond 4? strips

I think I used 4 on one run and 3 on the other.

Light given off is more a background "mood" light, but they are plenty bright enough to do stuff by.

I expect much brighter ones are available these days though.

Very good though as they are extremely discrete and the connecting wire is very thin and long.

Pete

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

might be more useful in the UK. :-)

Reply to
Rod

That's them! £29.90 for a pack of 4. Self adhesive is still holding them up strong.

Thanks Rod. Pete

Reply to
Pet - www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I've just had a Tru-Opt cat from Rapid showing LED strips which can be easily extended or cut to length. Think will require your own power supply though.

to electronic components - opto - Tru-Opt

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Try here - we use them at work, also use their flexible version which can be used around curves.

Chris Oates

=A339.90 now - unless they're charging differently depending on location

Reply to
Colin Wilson

No - but they are charging differently for the multicolour from the white. :-)

(Pete did say he had bought the white ones.)

Reply to
Rod

Apologies - I hadn't noticed they came in two variants :-}

Reply to
Colin Wilson

I actually meant to make a comment to that effect on my earlier post - but sent it before doing so. That would have helped all round. :-)

Reply to
Rod