LED MR16 Bulb.

I have just bought one to go in my shower light. It says do not use wit

an electronic transformer but to use a wire wound AC transformer or a D transformer. I have connected it up to the existing transformer and al seems OK except a very minor flicker in the first 2 minutes of bein on. I have looked at wire wound transformers and they seem to be abou the £40 mark which is a bit OTT for a single light fitting. Any idea and any reason why the existing electronic transformer won't be an good. Or how do I get hold of the correct transformer. Thanks i advance

-- Alec

Reply to
Alec

Most electronic transformers have a minimum load requirement. eg may say

10-75VA on it. This means minimum of 10 Watt lamp Maximum of 75W lamp (or combination of lamps). Its to do with the internal voltage reglation circuit. Look for a transformer that says (eg) 0-75VA
Reply to
Tim Morley

For a LED one you could use a much lower rated transformer than for halogen.

Reply to
Mike Harrison

I think Screwfix do one for LEDs

Reply to