LED light bulbs

And thank you -

It seems the magic word is "V-Pro" and they are also available in touch/IR remote control which is actually quite cool in the given application.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I've had all LED lighting in my house (and over my aquariums) for a couple of years now and even the council streetlight outside the gate is LED. Anything else is obsolete and wasteful of energy compared with a well-designed LED light source.

Reply to
~misfit~

In message , ~misfit~ writes

Yes, I agree, and have taken the plunge. Thanks for all the comments. I have purchased two golf ball E14s from LEDHut, who are offering a ten per cent discount today.

The incandescent bulbs are 40w, and the replacement LEDs 4.5w, so almost a ninety per cent saving. This is in a room used by a teenager who spends most of his life with the shutters closed, and the room lit by two table lamps, so the savings should be worthwhile, even after the cost of the bulbs.

Reply to
News

En el artículo , News escribió:

Have you checked that his reflection appears in a mirror? :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

In message , Mike Tomlinson writes

I'll check next time I look for the 666 on the back of his neck :-)

Reply to
News

If considering another purchase from the same company - they often have a VAT free or a 25% off week.

Reply to
alan_m

Thank you! I will see how we get on with the two ordered, and watch prices.

Reply to
News

Not so much that it degrades, more that it's absorbed and re-radiated at a different frequency.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Does it ever end up as 50Hz radiation (in theory at least) ?

Reply to
Windmill

I hadn't noticed these before, they win the prize for least LED looking LED

Reply to
Andy Burns