LED Lamp recommendation for cap up application?

Has anyone found a decent LED lamp, that gives a resonable light dispersion in a "cap down" configuration? Better still dimmable...?

I have a fitting that has five "arms", and each takes a SES based lamp. (this is the replacement for the one that suffered the fate described here [1]), Alas they point at the ceiling, and the four[2] 6W candle lamps in it, illuminate the ceiling well enough, but there is not really as much reflected light as I had hoped. A combination of better light dispersion, and more power (saw 9W / lamp) might do a better job.

[1] wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=The_tale_of_the_rubbing_pipe [2] I did fit 5, but then discovered the party trick where you can't actually turn them off completely, since there is enough leakage through the touch dimmer to keep them either on dimly, or flickering. So one was replaced by a regular 40W incandescent that was kept as a spare for the cooker hood!
Reply to
John Rumm

John Rumm

We are now fitting Kosnic everywhere:-)