LED G9 lamps

I'm thinking of getting some LED G9 lamps for non-critical garden lighting, to replace 25W halogen lamps. These caught my eye:

the group have any opinions or observations on these types of lamps for this sort of application, or for more general use?

TIA

Reply to
Terry Fields

Never seen them, but if the lumen output is to be believed (it often isn't with LEDs, but 70 lumens is just on the boundary of believeable), then it's just under 1/4 of the light output of a 25W G9. It looks like it will be directional too (which might be an advantage or disadvantage, but the direction is quite different from a halogen G9).

If converting to 12V halogen capsule operation is an option, a 20W 12V will well exceed the 25W G9 in light output, whereas a 10W will be a bit dimmer.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Thanks for your comments - it does seem like LED lighting has some way to go before maturing as a technology.

Reply to
Terry Fields