LED domestic lighting

Page 3 of 4
Grunff wrote:

It does not work with netscape 4.7 but is viewable with netscape 7

"ben" < snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:sFZRa.50380$ snipped-for-privacy@stones.force.net...

Hi Mary, sorry you appear to have trouble viewing the article. The only thing I can think of is that you are using an older browser which cannot handle highly optimised jpeg files, which includes progressive scanning. I have re-uploaded the article without the progressive scan option. I would be interested to know if you can now read it ok.
Thanks
Dave
PS Many thanks to the other Dave for doing an OCR on it!. That's some program that can do that at that resolution, I would be interested in the name of it. I normally have to scan at least at 600dpi to have any hope!
Dave

I used Paint Shop Pro to capture the image off screen (as saving the jpg to disk and OCRing that wasn't at all successful). I then used PSPs tool to remove some of the jpg artefacts before using Omnipage Pro 12 (www.scansoft.com) to OCR. OP12 didn't get the numbers right (too and zoo instead of 100 and 200) and a few words/names got garbled but it didn't leave much cleaning up to do.
--
dave @ stejonda

writes

COR! What a lot of trouble I've caused :-(
I couldn't even highlight the original to process it in any way. Couldn't save as, couldn't cut ...
Mary

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:49:09 +0100, "Mary Fisher"

Keeping your software even moderately up to date can only help prevent this in future.
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

1] saying that makes no sense unless you know what is out of date and suggest an alternative. You shouldn't assume that my software is out of date.
2] this is the only time I've ever encountered this problem
Mary

writes

Thanks for that, I'll give it a look.
Dave

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by a browser never mind an older one!

So would I - but there was no url ... :-)
Mary

I do TRY to minimize confusion! Same as before:-
http://nanohelix.tripod.com/ns.jpg
Dave

Are you using Internet Explorer? Try going to "Tools -> Internet Options... -> Advanced" and turn off "Automatic image resizing".
Hope that helps,
Andrew
--
Andrew Flegg -- mailto: snipped-for-privacy@bleb.org | http://www.bleb.org /

| http://www.bleb.org /

size
As it's just the image alone rather than in a web page, MS IE is being 'clever' and shrinking it to fit the window. After it has loaded, wave the mouse somewhere else, then bring it back over the picture and an icon will overlay the bottom right corner. Click to get it back full size.
Toby.

over
OH!
I've just adjusted my image sizing - but that's a fascinating idea. Thank you.
Mary

Thank
image
Well! That certainly worked - but is is because of the hi tech lump chucking you've done or because I adjusted my image sizing?
Hmm. I'll go back to the original for a comparison.
By the way, it's many years since I've heard of old Max, ah happy days ...
Mary

Mary Fisher wrote:

What, you mean like from "science" into "English"?
It sounds a bit like me when the boss comes in and asks how its going... Well, I've come up with this really energy efficient lightbulb, ermm, except that I've only got it working in the near-infrared so far, and I don't quite know how it works yet either. Oh, and it violates Plancks law too. I'll get me coat.
Fascinating article though.

Through the power of PSP screen capture and OP12...

Not sure what was wrong there.
--
dave @ stejonda

Thank you very much. It WAS worth reading.
Mary

I use LED lamps when caving and TBH they aren't brilliant (well they are but they aren't too). They are ok if you haven't got to see very far (fine in a cave cos the wall isn't usually more than a few feet away) but to get the brilliance they narrow the projection angle somehow so they don't light a huge area. You'd need an awful lot in a domestic setting and whilst it's possible to do and very economic with the juice, the cost would be prohibitive.
-- Malc Wond'ring Aloud
Get me out of my tree to reply

but
Er - I think I'd prefer to leave that activity to you :-)
Mary