LED Christmas Lights - serial or parallel

Andrew Gabriel wibbled on Friday 27 November 2009 12:14

I bought some LED clip lights to hang on my daughter's bed, for fun, being

12V and not hot running. All from B&Q. Several 5mm white LEDS dies withing 2 months. Got a replacement set under guarantee. Same thing. Gave up and vowed to make my own next time...

Are there any Xmas lights with *decent* LEDs in? I fancy a set, but I'll buy filament ones unless I can be sure I'm going to get >10 years service out of the LEDS...

Reply to
Tim W

I wouldn't put money on that, I have a set of mains LED lights that have several dead bits. The lights carry on working though.

Reply to
Clint Sharp