leccy on de fiddle....Teehee!!

Dribble will be along with some dubiously rhyming lyrics "real soon now"; it's Friday night so Nursey lets him have half an hour on the internet between bathtime and cocoa.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They being- electricity supply company, city council (as landlord) and local police station the security of a standard electricity meter is sufficient evidence of the lack of interest by suppliers in the pursuit of such theft, check it out it only takes a piece of wire , and no tools

dont understand what youre saying above, but as i said it did not "get someone out pretty quickly."

Reply to
news

Which one? If you correctly identified the one supplying the premises in question (not necessarily the same as yours, of course) they ought to have shown some concerned.

No, I can't see either of those being interested enough to send someone out quickly.

For a quick response try contacting the DNO on their emergency number and report it as a dangerous situation. The metering equipment is no longer their direct concern (it belongs to a meter operating company, e.g. (round here) Siemens Metering) but they do have the responsibility for safe operation of the supply network. At the very least they could pull the main fuse and refer the matter to the metering company.

Reply to
Andy Wade

I have never heard of this DNO or MPAS nor was I offered a contact number by any of the other organisations I contacted and assume they had never heard of it either.I did contact EMEB if thats what you mean.As far as I know Siemens is only involved as meter readers rather than in any other capacity. I would have thought a landlord would have been concerned by the possibility of their property being burned down, but apparently not, and as we all know the police have no interest in 'minor domestic matters' such as theft. As an aside the meter actually caught fire a year or so later and frankly the quality of the repair leaves something to be desired (exposed copper ends where the wire was cropped - dont know if its live but it certainly looks dodgy). As i said the real level of concern regarding this is shown by the total insecurity of the meter itself.

Reply to
news

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 03:16:46 +0100 someone who may be "p.mc" wrote this:-

It has a ratchet mechanism to stop the wheel going backwards. Many dial meters do.

Reply to
David Hansen