Leaving Recently sanded floors

Hi all,

Can anyone tell what the affects of not applying any oil or varnish to new sanded pine floor boards for a week. I've just finished sanding my stairs and hallway last night and had planned to apply a coat of osmo colored hardwax tonight followed by 2 coats of osmo oil. However I've just been told that I have to replace a colleague whose taken ill at a conference for the next few days and wont be able to apply the first coat until next Tuesday. The stairs will still be used by my partner on a daily bases.

Will there be much to worry about leaving the floors unprotected (apart from stains) for a week ?

Cheer A

Reply to
ado

No

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

a little dirt, and posibly staining if something goes wrong. If you strew some newspapers down it will helpkeep it cleaner for the week.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

What about the ink from the papers.Would dust sheets or old bedsheets not be better

Reply to
Stuart

It could discolour the timber.

No. I'd certainly use dustsheets. Good excuse to get one if you haven't already got one. Get cotton twill, not plastic.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Eh.??? or was the NO for the bedsheets .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Don't really understand how this Osmo stuff works at all. To quote:

"Key ingredients in Hardwax Oil include sunflower, soybean and thistle oil, plus two hard, natural waxes?carnauba and candelilla."

None of the oils is of the drying type (and so will remain forever tacky), and neither of the waxes is particularly soluble in anything. Chemically it sounds like a dog's dinner, but maybe someone can convince me otherwise.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

You wrote "Would dust sheets or old bedsheets not be better". Of course they would not not be better. I'd use a dustsheet or even a sheet any time over newspapers.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Sorry but your understanding of English is clearly different to mine ..You quote me asking if dustsheets or old bedsheets would not be better ( than newspapers) then you go on to say that you WOULD use dustsheets ....

Confused.? You will be ..

Reply to
Stuart