Leaves and pebbles.

After watching one too many episodes of Ground Force a couple of years ago I stripped the turf off several square yards of my lawn, laid black matting and covered the lot with pebbles. I'd best not mention the "water feature" eh?
The problem is, by this time of year the shrubs surrounding the pebbled area have dropped enough (small) leaves, dead flowers and bits of twig to require a clean-up. I tried a garden sieve but although I'm sure it would be perfect if separating pebbles from dust and soil it was pretty ineffective for this task.
In the end I did the job by hand - took me most of the weekend! I hate to think how many thoudands of pebbles I've moved one at a time!
So folks, when the job comes around next year, does anyone have any smart ideas to make life easier? Any special gizmos available for hire from anywhere to do the job for me?
Steve T. (Easily recognised by bent back and sunburnt neck)
Thanks Neal -- sounds worth a try...
So, I've had a bit of a surf and it seems you can buy leaf blowers or combined blower/vacuum jobs which will shred the collected leaves to make a nice mulch for the composter. Anybody tried one of these for hoovering leaves from pebbled areas? Are they *just* powerful enough to suck up the leaves but leave the pebbles behind or do they consume the occasional pebble too? Should that occur, what happens when the pebble hits the fan/impeller/shredder - are they built to survive?
Any recommendations on manufacturer/model?
TIA
Steve T.

Jet it with a hose?
The pebbles might dislodge a bit but the leaf debris won't stand a chance.
Toby.