leather care - product / routine recommendations please

first time I've ever had leather furniture to prolong the life of...

what recommendations would the panel make for brands/types? frequency of use etc. ?

I would go & look in John Lewis but can't get there for a while

Is Hagesan (as listed widely on Ebay) a reputable make? Is Lakeland stuff any good?

Reply to
Si

I use the cheapest available shaving foam. Works great.

Reply to
Emil Tiades

Ok, had some foam having around from b4 I got the Braun stubblerazer I tried that & now have a really rough patch on the sofa arm. Next suggestion?

(The OQ may be OT but I reckoned that some of the regulars here would have had experience of needing to feed leather furniture & would have a favourite brand to recommend.)

Reply to
Si

Shaving foam is well known for cleaning leather. Google is your friend

Emil Tiades

Prochem Leather Cleaner & Prochem Leather Conditioner

used by the cleaning trade. Prochem is a national brand available from any Janitorial Supply house. Look in Yell.com for your local one.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thanks Dave though I've now discovered Screwfix just round the corner sell a leather reviver (97188) at a good price so I think I'll get that.

(Apologies to E.T. who I thought was joking. (-:

Reply to
Si

Incidentally, we have a leather suite. about 18 years old. One settee is very close to (if not touching) a radiator. We have replaced some seat cushions - but the rest is still in great condition - but we want to change it. Sometimes we can over care for a product and get fed up with it whilst still in good condition. (Like my old 35mm cameras)

Reply to
John