lean-to conservatory exterior blind

I was thinking of getting standard interior blinds for my lean-to conservatory. But obviously an external blind would be better at keeping heat down. Any ideas about construction ? I would imagine a giant roller-blind in some type of frame to hold it off the roof. Any idea what type of fabric would be suitable to survive unexpected rain, etc. and still look attractive (i.e. not an old tarpaulin !) ? Some traditional striped pattern would be nice. A bonus would have it electrically operated from inside. Anyone made such a thing ?

Simon.

Reply to
Simon

Our conservatory was unbearable in the hot weather. Our present solution is reed matting stuff from a garden centre or Costco put onto wood frames, this gives the outside appearance of a thatch roof, takes the sting out of the sun and still lets some light through. Several friends have copied the idea. Some take it down in winter, some don't.

Total cost about fifty quid.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful