lean-to conservatory

In need of a rough rough estimate, (i know, i'm sorry), about to move into a new build house. The house is tiny, and we want to expand the living room space asap. The way the house is designed, with the living room at the back, with patio windows onto the back garden, make a conservatory quite tempting. We are looking at a lean to, parralleling the size of the living room, with a wdith and length of 4mx4m.

There is absolutely no chance of me doing the work myself. For the simplest conservatory of this size, what kind of price, inlcuding labour (north cumbria) are we looking at?

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz

"Gaz" wrote | In need of a rough rough estimate, (i know, i'm sorry), about to move | into a new build house. The house is tiny, and we want to expand the | living room space asap.

Check restrictive covenants with your solicitor. A lot of new build estates prohibit any extension.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They dont mind conservatories (they try to flog you one when they are building the house).

Gaz

Reply to
Gaz

"Gaz" wrote | "Owain" wrote | > Check restrictive covenants with your solicitor. A lot of new | > build estates prohibit any extension. | They dont mind conservatories (they try to flog you one when they | are building the house).

There's a difference between adding a conservatory to a house as part of the first build, and adding one on later :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain