Leaky Ultraframe conservatory roof

Does anyone else out there have an Ultraframe conservatory roof?

I have a glass conservatory roof which was supplied by ultraframe and fitted by my local conservatory company, but I have always had a problem with it leaking.

The design appears to rely on silicone sealant along the exterior joints, but as the UPVC expands and contracts the sealant cracks and the roof starts to leak.

I wondered if anyone else had had a similar experience, or if not, tell me if the sealant on their roof is still intact.

I just can't believe that the roof design relies on the silicone!

Thanks, Jasper

Reply to
Jasper

I can't believe you spent a load of dosh on it and found a fault important enough to post on here but not important enough to bother your fat head with posting a picture of.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

.... Could it be the installer used the wrong sort of silicone? Should be highly flexible type (low modulus)..

Reply to
BillR

In message , Michael Mcneil writes

Seems easy enough to imagine what the problem is, and anyway I hope you aren't suggesting they should have posted a picture to the group?

It does seem a poor design. I've not much experience of conservatory roofs, but my parents wooden one has aluminium extrusions where the roof panels fit, they do have rubber seals, but the design is such that if water does get round them it is caught by the channel and drained away.

When was this roof installed? If it has always leaked then it should be the suppliers responsibility to sort it out.

Reply to
chris French

You think we should use ESP instead of URL's to guess what he's on about? E.g.:

looks -to my inexperienced eyes, that the glass is in fact plastic:
firm seems genuine enough:

Michael Mcneil

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Thanks for the comments guys, I had already contacted the installer when I posted the message, but I wanted to be armed with as many facts as possible before he arrived and palmed me off with some bull***t. The points about high modulus silicone and hidden drainage channels (maybe they are blocked) will be discussed with him ;-)

Cheers, Jasper

Reply to
Jasper