Leaky TRV

it decides to leak 2 weeks after final system charge with X100. Bugger downstairs too, so complete system drain.

I've noticed a small puddle under this valve and have just traced it to the very top of the valve on the outside of the white plastic threaded insert (pic). I could tighten the white insert and have done so and that seems to have stopped the leak - I'll check again in the morning. Is it buggered or have I got away with it?

Reply to
visionset

I had exactly the same problem a month or so back - don't know how it suddenly happened as it's been fine for years.

Mine was an ETA valve from Screwfix (for what that matters).

It did the trick for me.

I went round some of the others just to check if they were tight - most were but at least one other was also loose... although strangely it wasn't leaking.

I actually went a bought another ETA valve as a 'spare' (and in case me tightening it didn't work) and found the design of the white insert had changed slightly - it now seems a bit 'beefier' (also has an extra o-ring fitted) and even has a torque rating for it in the instructions.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Thanks for that. Mine funnily enough is an ECA! do you mean ECA? Seems leak free so far.

Reply to
visionset

Ah, yes, I probably did/do.

Given the design of the white bit has now changed it's probably a safe bet that they are known to be prone to leaking (although I've only had

1 of 12 do it).

I'm sure you'll be fine now it's nipped up.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton