Leaky shower

Hello,

We have a shower like this:

problem is that water leaks out from the tap when all of it supposed to be coming out from the shower head! Is it a simple problem to fix?

Thanks.

Reply to
David

>The problem is that water leaks out from the tap when all of it

Get another shower ..problem sorted .

Reply to
Usenet Nutter

this:

> The problem is that water leaks out from the tap when all of it

It should be simple to fix. The photo is not big enough for me to see if the tap is a standard kind. By tap do you mean one or both of the things with 4 arms or the thing with one arm? First put the plug in the plug hole so that the screws etc that you drop don't go down. Assuming it's a 4 arm handle, you should be able to unscrew the metal ring around the porcelain cap and unscrew the handle with a screw driver.. Then you'll need to unscrew the cover. Both the ring and the cover will probably be corroded in place and you'll need to grip them firmly with something. Vice grips will do the job but will damage the metal. Putting a Jubillee clip on then using the vice grips will work. Under the cover should be a nut that can be tightened to squash the gland insulation and stop the leak.

Reply to
Matty F

this:

> > The problem is that water leaks out from the tap when all of it

Thanks, sorry I should have said that its the actual spout which seems to be leaking and only very hot unmixed water seemed to be coming out the last time I checked, I'll have a look again and report back here.

Reply to
David