Leaking towel rail

Hiya,

Three weeks ago I got a chrome towel rail from eBay.

This was installed in the shower room by the builders who were doing some work for us. It's an oil filled electric towel rail, (not plumbed in to central heating).

The rail was only turned on for any length of time today as I wanted to see how effective it was - however I've noticed that there have been two or three, (literally), drips coming out of the valve piece at the bottom. It's not condensation.

It's not leaking all over the place but, nonetheless, some form of liquid is escaping.

Does this mean the rail is kaput? It never leaked a drop from when it was installed till now - so I'm wondering if there is some sort of pressure relief system that has let out some oil as it's been heated?

I guess that's wishful thinking, though :o)

Any advice appreciated.

RodC

--

- for iPod users who love to travel

Reply to
RodC

After two or three years mine did the same, it is very light oil, if you put it on your finger then rub your thumb against it it will be self evident. Mine has now stopped leaking, so I'll leave it be, there seems no way to do anything about it anyway. :-(

Reply to
Broadback