Leaking taps...

Hello all - Hope you can help me out here...

My kitchen tap is a monobloc, probably a DIY-Shed job. It's been fine for at least two years, and then the cold started dripping a little. No problem, i thought - change the washer. Which I did, and problem solved.

1 week passes, and it's leaking again... Another new washer.

4 washers later in 3 weeks, I'm thinking something's wrong...

The washers have a circular groove worn into them, which appears to show where the water inlet pipe is. Checking that (ie the seat) there does not seem to be any erosion - it's nice and smooth as far as I can see.

Now, a further inspection suggests that there is a lip where the water comes in, above the base of the tap (see diagram below)

| | | |_ | _Tap Outlet | | | |

----- ----- | | In

Is this normal?

Would reseating the valve help in this case? Or do I need to consider something else ?

Thanks in advance,

Ian

P.S. It's hard water.

Reply to
Ian Cornish

Mine have a lip as well.

"Peglers" is the make of mine. I once changed a washer and it didn't seem to do the job but the next one did.

Reply to
John