Leaking shower fittings behind tiled wall

Any option other than to dismantle the tiled wall, sort the problem and rep lace? We have matching tiles available, so is it feasible to just remove a handful of tiles to access the area? Tiles are onto waterproof plasterboa rd, so there should in theory be no damage to them.

THanks!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

I have the same problem - what you suggest seem to be the way to go

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

On Monday, September 2, 2013 9:14:26 AM UTC+1, larkim wrote: snip

come again?

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

Aquapanel.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Indeed, yes - sorry, poor choice of words as plasterboard by definition isn't waterproof!!

Reply to
larkim

This is why I always specify surface-mounted.

Reply to
GB

replace? We have matching tiles available, so is it feasible to just remo ve a handful of tiles to access the area? Tiles are onto waterproof plaste rboard, so there should in theory be no damage to them.

With exposed pipework? I'm thanking myself that I at least specified shut off valves accessible from a hatch in the partition wall between the ensuit e and our bedroom otherwise stopping the leak would have been a more destru ctive temporary job!

Matt

Reply to
larkim

replace? We have matching tiles available, so is it feasible to just remo ve a handful of tiles to access the area? Tiles are onto waterproof plaste rboard, so there should in theory be no damage to them.

Actually, it is surface mounted (bar type) - but it seems that the plumbers have put some sort of extension as the screw mounts did not protrude enoug h when the wall was tiled.

Matt

Reply to
larkim

Yes, if at all possible. Drop the pipes down from the ceiling.

Reply to
GB