Leaking roof - again :(

Sitting here, working away, when I hear a drip, drip, drip. Looking up I see the wallpaper I have peeled back (where the mushrooms were - passim) is dripping. Getting on a step I see the wall is saturated.

Go into loft and see a rafter (from the apex ?) is wet halfway down. It was dry last year when I checked for the previous leak.

Looking outside I see where the valley/gulley meets the tiles a tile is out of position.

Of course it's forecast to rain till midnight ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

With more rain forecast, and the roofer I called not being able to make it till today at the earliest, I took my life in my hands (I hate heights) and clambered up a ladder to inspect.

Looks like some of the mortar which holds the tiles to the valley had been loosened, and washed away, leaving a void for the rain to get in through. In addition there were 2 tiles which had cracked.

I discovered some metallised tape (think aluminium gaffa tape) in teh garage which I've used to seal up the gap, and seal the cracked tiles.

When the rain returned (and boy did it lash down on Saturday night) there was no further leaking. Ar least not into the loft, or ceiling.

Is there a more modern way to seal the valleys than mortar ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk