Leaking copper pipe join - repair?

Agree with that, but in this case the leak is observable. I would think about going with the plumbers' epoxy, or if it is definitely a low pressure then perhaps with self-adhesive PVC tape (NOT ptfe!).

Reply to
newshound

IME epoxy and sticky tape dont work because the joint is wet..you end up with a pinhole in teh epoxy or a a line bubble in teh tape.

Trust me, Ive tried the lot.

The ONLY thigk that ever worked on a wet system was that PTFE, done as a last resort because I had nothing else with me, and it actually worked. I don't know why. I didn't expect it to do more than stem the flow a bit, but the bugger actually held up for a few months.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher