Leaking copper joint

Just completed CH and HW installation in a small flat. Unfortunitly there was one leak on a 22mm tee running on a wall at the back of the kitchen units. This was the one joint where I did not use a heat deflector cloth.. When I opened the joint the solder had not taken at the back.. It is like the heat did not get around the back on the joint. The other thing is the mains stopcock makes a very loud hissing, I wonder how the could be avoided. Does it depend on the size of pipe.

Reply to
john

If the mains is hissing all the time it is on, then you've got another leak somewhere. If it's only hissing while you're demanding water from taps and things, then this is normal and can't really be avoided unless you find out where the problem part of the system is that is causing the hissing. If you know for sure that the hissing is being caused in mains stopcock you might be able to stop it by using a full bore ball valve with lever arm. But you would have to find out for sure if the valve is actually the culprit.

Reply to
BigWallop

most likely is lack of cleaning and or lack of flux there. If the rest of the way round is ok then that bit would have been hot enough.

Open the stop valve wide to reduce the hiss.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

I'd aggree with that. The hissing is normally caused by some throttling effect

Reply to
BillV

" Thanks for the advice :

Reply to
john

"I have opened the valve fully and it solves the problem.

Reply to
john

Don't leave it hard open, back it off just a bit, otherwise it will tend to stick.

Reply to
Broadback

Replace it with a full bore valve.

Reply to