Leaking basin connector

The cold pipe on my bathroom basin is leaking very slightly. It is on the mains so quite high pressure. The union was loose for some reason and although I have tightened it as much as I can there is slight seepage. The trouble is the floor is tiled so there is no give in the pipe at all so I can't remove it to fit a new fitting. I was enquiring about a flexible fitting and the plumbing merchants I enquired at said that they are useless on mains pressure. The trouble is to get the pipe out I will have to cut it but then how will I reassemble it. I don't really want to chip away the grouting but might have to.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

You will find no problem with a flexi tap connector at mains pressure, go ahead and do it. (Don't forget to turn off mains first)

Reply to
Heliotrope Smith

on my bathroom basin is leaking very slightly. It is on

There is an isolation valve a few inches above floor level. Even as a stop gap this has got to be better than the existing seepage.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

on my bathroom basin is leaking very slightly. It is on

Easier than a new flexi is to renew the fibre washer in the cap and lining tap connector:

Turn the isolation valve off Undo the tap connector loosen the backnut on the tap and lift it up through its hole in the basin so there's some room to get at the tap connector. Remove and replace the red fibre washer (replacements at Buy it and Queue) lower tap then reconnect and tighten tap connector, tighten the back nut so tap does not move. Turn on isolation valve Check for leaks. If necessary nip the tap connector up a little.

Nigel

Reply to
BEngo

pipe on my bathroom basin is leaking very slightly. It is on

Hadn't thought of that. I will give it a go.

Kevin

Reply to
Kev

pipe on my bathroom basin is leaking very slightly. It is on

Not if it's been fixed in with the kind of mastic (more like hardened epoxy) I always seem to come across, you won't.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq