Leak in Kitchen

I've just pulled up the lino and found a film of water underneath. It appears to have come from either the sink (although everything is dry in the cupboard underneath), the dishwasher (which is next to the sink) or the washing machine (which is next to the dishwasher). Due to the amount of water, I am assuming that it is a very small leak but it has been going on for some time.

I think (although I am definately NOT an expert) that it is coming from one of the pipes at the back (I'm blaming the washing machine tho' I don't know why) and I wondered how easy it is to change the washers at the connections and how do I find out what size of washer I will need?

Also, what are the chances that it has damaged a concrete floor?

Hope someone can offer advice.

Reply to
Jacky

You really need to identify where the water is coming from exactly and I guess the only way to do that is to pull each appliance out from the wall and run it. Both items can leak from numerous locations. If you were really lucky it could just be a loose hose connection on one of the supplies but I doubt that.

If it is towards the front of the washing machine, it could be a split in the door seal which you could find through the door.

Obviously be very careful if you aren't familiar with the machines as water and electricity are a dangerous combination. Definitely unplug if you plan to investigate beyond the ' external examination ' stage.

There are no washers as such like taps. These appliances use isolation valves, which in the rare event of them being faulty, would simply be replaced.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy