Leak at base of soil pipe/stack

Hi all. I've had a small leak at the base of the soil stack in the back yard since having the yard paved about 18 months ago. Yesterday I saw the surrounding area covered in a stringy vivid green algae, as well as some toilet paper. I don't think its a blockage but its obviously time to do something immediately. When the paviours where working they told me that the soil pipe didn't quite reach the thing at the bottom. It has probably always been like that but had been very well cemented in place. They haven't done such a good job and so needs redoing. Is this an easy job?

Thanks.

Arthur

Reply to
Arthur 51