LEAD PIPES and GAS SUPPLY

I have heard all about lead pipes and water supplies, but what is th

score with lead pipes and a mains gas supply

I have found a leak in my new house (it's 40 years old) do i need t replace this pipe work with copper or just repair the faulty lea piece

Anyone got any ideas, are there new regs. for this sort of stuff

Cheers

Dai Bac

-- Dai bach

Reply to
Dai bach

Lead water pipes are replaced because small amounts of lead can dissolve in the water, leading to lead poisoning over time.

As we ourselves do not drink or otherwise consume gas, I cannot see there being a similar safety issue.

David

Reply to
David Hearn

If the pipe is yourside of the meter, I'd get a CORGI guy. I reckon a water leak is OK, you don't generally die from these. A gay leak is somewhat more explosive.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

A gay leak? Explosive, bend over sweetheart I`ll show you explosive. ;-O

Reply to
googlebot

You never seen the urban legend about the hamster and the 2 gays ?

Reply to
Rick

ISTR it was a gerbil.

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

"Marcus Fox" wrote in message news:dlV6e.27081$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-win.ntli.net...

As a Paramedic, I can assure you its not an urban legend. Its more common than you think, and yes it was a gerbil, he told me so and I saw the X rays after. ;-).

Reply to
googlebot

John Rumm

OK there is no toxicity issue.

AIUI having checked in a recent gas fitting text. The lead pipe may stay if it is in good order and adequately sized.

However since you lead pipe is leaking then it must be repaired with copper or steel.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

On 13th April "Ed Sirett" wrote ......

snip

snip

Pardon my higorance but what is "AIUI" please?

Reply to
Stanley

AIUI, it stands for As I Understand It ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm