lead patination oild

Any idea where I can get lead patination oil apart from Wickes (they had none - said they don't sell much) ? Available online I know but thats a bit of a pain. Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I thought I once read that you can use Hoof Oil - from saddlery.

Reply to
John

Builders merchant, roofing supplies, plumbers merchant, any one of them should stock it.

Reply to
Kipper at sea

Just use WD40 ;-)

Reply to
Dave Osborne

I asked the same question in Wickes a while back and was told. "Modern lead doesn't need it"

Because of course, elemental lead is now _totally_ different from how it used to be.

Wickes seem to be spiralling downhill so rapidly they'll overtake Screwfix & B&Q

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy Dingley wibbled on Wednesday 21 October 2009 13:33

Indeed. Total bollocks. I bough some patination oil (probably from Wickes)

10 years back and the effect was pretty instant and very noticeable...
Reply to
Tim W

I would give them the product number and ask again.

PJ