lead acid batteries / topping up

I dont know what size of solar still would produce a gallon a day, or whatever the op wants. No pressure vessel there.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

We have very hard water here in Hampshire. I buy Reverse Osmosis water from Maidenhead Aquatics (£4 for 25 litres I think) for my tank and insectivorous plants. It passes this test with ease. ISTR from school days you could test hardness by shaking tap, then distilled, water plus a known amount of liquid soap in a measuring cylinder and comparinging the height of the "head". It was reasonably accurate compared to evaporating to dryness and weighing the residue on a chemical balance.

Reply to
LSR

Malc

Reply to
Malc

Nasty stuff dihydrogen monoxide. Should be banned.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I use rainwater for insectivorous plants. I have occasionally used brita filter jug water, and that seems to be OK too.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

"Inhalation: No symptoms".

Really?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Warrington's water is so hard now, if Jesus tried his party trick the locals would say "so what, I do that to cut 10 minutes off my walk to work".

We tend to throw away 1 kettle a year because even through we descale every couple of weeks, it works into any joints so when you clean it it eventually leaks.

Reply to
Elder

And addictive. I've never known a regular, or even casual user who could live without it for the rest of their lives after even one experience.

Reply to
Elder

Flippin heck I thought St Albans was bad with a descale every month or even here before they switched the feed from the limestone adit on the hillside a mile away to Burnhope Reservoir.

Guess you need to find a good old fashioned metal kettle not some flimsy snapped together plastic thing.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

My local car bits shop tells me the only thing they can sell to kids under

16 is demin water. And you have to be over 18 to buy tools. I guess this is a "head office" ruling.
Reply to
newshound