Layout of carpet tiles

I have some carpet tiles I want to lay in an L-shaped hallway. The width of its main passageway is about 850mm and the tiles are 500x500mm.

What would be the best pattern to lay them?

1) A row of full tiles centred on the centreline of the passage with narrow (175mm) cut tiles each side.

Or

2) Two rows of tiles cut to about 425mm, abutting along the centreline.

I favour (1) as no tile joint in centre of the hallway. I will have more whole tiles should I need to move them about later. It's probably easier to lay. But the downside is it will result in narrow-cut tiles in doorways where as (2) won't.

I can't make my mind up which is best. Any advice appreciated (except to say don't use carpet tiles!)

Cheers.

Reply to
Dean

Not so much advice, more a backing up of your favoured option, it's how I did the floor tiles in my bathroom you'll be enraptured to learn.

Reply to
Lino expert

That shouldn't be an issue as long as you use proper threshold bars.

I would suggest avoiding any narrow 'slivers' as these are IME more likely to lift.

Owain

Reply to
Owain