Laying vinyl floor over tiles

I want to lay a textured vinyl floor over the existing floor tiles in my bathroom. The only thing is the joins between the tiles will show through the new flooring. Any ideas on what I could use to fill the joins before laying the vinyl? I'm thinking that grout would not really work as it would tend to crumble at the edges. Some sort of flexible wood-type filler?

Any suggestions welcome.

Reply to
lovezoo

An "off the wall" suggestion. It's a bathroom so presumably not that big(?). Why not lay two layers of vinyl. The joins are unlikely to show through two layers, it would also be very quick to do.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Are you using really cheapo vinyl? If you use higher grade, thicker vinyl - I'd be surprised if the joins would show through.

Or you could put down a layer of 4mm WBP plywood if you're really worried. I think filling the gaps is likely to be a non starter for the reasons you state.

David

Reply to
Lobster

No real filler option, you could try a thin screed over the top For the size for the space your talking about it would be more practical/easier simply to take the tiles up imo

Reply to
Mike