Laying underfelt - how loose should it be?

I'm putting breathable underlay under a tiled roof. The slope of the roof is very shallow - about 15 degrees. The instructions are to lay the underlay loosely ie: let it droop between the rafters for a cold roof and not to pull it taut. But I'm concerned that on such a shallow pitch any dip is going to cause water to pond.

I know that the tiles are supposed to stop water penetration but again, on such a shallow pitch, I think wind-blown rain is more likely to get under them.

Should I be concerned about water penetration and, regarding laying the breather membrane, how loose is loose?

Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
James

Just roll it out taut. you'll find it sags on its own. Try to lay it with a sag and you will find that the next layer will not follow the same sag. also when the wind blows the underlay vibrates.

Reply to
keith_765