Laying stone shower tray ?

I have just lifted out the old shower tray and although it was layed on weak concrete mix this was straight on to the wooden floorboards, the rest of the floor was tiled on 5 mm ply. When I come to lay the new shower tray & tiles should I also lay ply under the shower tray area befor I lay the concrete mix?

Reply to
ss

is the floor strong enough to take the stone tray?

Reply to
zaax

I would think so considering there has been a stone tray sitting on it for the last 16 years. It is 18mm floor boards and I will be using 9mm ply on top of that.

Reply to
ss

It is not necessary to put ply under the shower tray, it is essential to bed it on a dry mortar mix. If you put ply over the rest of the T&G then it will help conceal the mortar layer when whatever flooring you put down is sealed against the shower tray.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky