Laying slabs question

I've been instructed by HID to lay a slab path.

Because the vegetable bed on on side is some 100mm higher than the existing well tramped down grass path, I'm thinking of putting in treated wood battens either side, weed killing the grass, suitable membrane, gravel/sand and slabs.

The question that I can't find an answer for is if there is a recommended spacing between the edge of the slabs and the wood battens ie how much wider than the slabs should I set the battens?

Thanks for any ideas.

Reply to
Rob Graham

I wouldn't bother with wood - it will rot in time, even if treated.

I'd use concrete edging to hold the soil in. This

is cheap and cheerful one, and you can get fancier ones if it needs to look good.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed, also in general for paving questions, google The Paving Expert.

Reply to
newshound

waste of money.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

10mm spacing would do ...... anything about slabs & hard trades look at Cormaics site
rick