laying floorboards on concrete?

Hi
building a conservatory and I have been informed that we want floorboards instead of underfloor heating and tiles ( as I would have chosen )
whats the best way to lay them on a raw concrete base?
TIA
Nicholas

Fix pressure treated battens to the concrete floor by plugging and screwing. 50x18 or so would be suitable using approx 450mm centres.
You can then secret nail the boards in place using the tongues. .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

Bit small, that. 2x2 would be much better.
________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com
jerrybuilt wrote:

But surely either of these + floorboard thickness will probably mean an unacceptable increase in floor height? Unless the concrete base thickness was planned with this in mind ....
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:52:17 -0400, "jerrybuilt "

I have some quite large areas of oak flooring laid with 18mm thick battens and it's perfectly fine. It isn't as though it has to be load bearing. The main purpose is to create an air gap between the floor boards and concrete to allow ventilation. A secondary effect is that the spacing allows a small amount of spring to occur on the boards making them more comfortable to walk on. Additionally, the space underneath is useful for running non-power cables.