laying a soil pipe

will be moving a toilet from the front to back of our cellar (about 8m length with a 45' bend in the middle) as the concrete floor needs replacing I figured it would be simpler to lay the soil pipe underground so...

does anyone have any advice or links to info on this ?

thanks Les

Reply to
in2minds

Sir

Building Regs shoule be involved, which means "Pea Shingle" city ......

Dig the hole (micro digger), line with pea shingle, lay pile (1:40 -

1:80 slope), get it inspected, make good.

The micro digger will save your back, for 45 quid a day - bargin.

The hard bit is joining into theexisting pipe, you need to work out how you will do this, will you find a join to join into, or do you run to a man hole, or will you have to cut it.

The building inspector may demand a leakage test, which is simple, you just block the end of the pipe, and fill it with water, then see if the level drops.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

In which case you might want to try one before you start, so you know if you make a leak or there was already a leak.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Our's demands the pressurised version of the test - block off the ends and pressurise with a squeezy pump and then see if the pressure drops over 15 minutes.

And yes it's definitely pea shingle city. Read the regs and British Standards and I still think recycled material could be made to meet the spec. But would they consider it. Would they ....

Reply to
G&M

You may need an inspection point where the bend is but it is possible to get very large radius bends which our BCO allowed under the floor without a hatch

Nick Brooks

Reply to
Nick Brooks